Parameter: Crocheted Dress
Parameter, my contribution to Clotheshorse Spring/Summer 2013, is a crocheted lace dress worked in Classic Elite’s Sanibel. Triple strand lace and post stitch ribbing are combined to create this daring garment. The simple top-down construction makes it deceptively easy. The unique bodice is constructed from woven crocheted chains.
Sanibel’s interesting color and texture variations remind me of the way light plays across the surface of the ocean, especially in the gorgeous “cerulean” blue colorway I used for this piece. My inspiration for this garment was the gown worn by Zoe in the film, Serenity, but not to worry. You don’t have to wait for a post-apocalyptic funeral on a deserted planet. There are so many other ways to wear it:
- Think super sexy maxi dress.
- Slip it on at the pool as a slinky swim suit cover.
- Use white yarn then line it to make a beach wedding dress.
- Shorten it to create a mini-dress or tunic.
- Turn it around and wear the woven bodice element in the back.